Gift-wrapping a blanket can be a lovely way to present it, especially if it’s for a special occasion or holiday. Here are some creative and aesthetically pleasing ways to wrap a blanket as a gift:
- Traditional Wrapping: Use a large gift box or wrapping paper to encase the blanket. Fold the blanket neatly and place it inside the box or wrap it in the paper. Finish with a ribbon and a bow on top.
- Fabric Bag: Sew or buy a fabric bag that’s big enough to hold the blanket. Place the blanket inside the bag, and tie the bag closed with a decorative ribbon or cord. This approach not only wraps the gift but also provides a reusable bag.
- Furoshiki: Furoshiki is a Japanese wrapping cloth that can be used to wrap various items, including blankets. Lay the blanket diagonally on the furoshiki, fold the corners over the blanket, and tie the opposite corners together in a knot. There are numerous furoshiki wrapping techniques to choose from, making it a stylish and eco-friendly option.
- Basket or Hamper: Place the blanket in a decorative basket or hamper along with other cozy items like hot cocoa, candles, or books. Arrange the items attractively and wrap the entire basket with cellophane or clear wrap. Finish with a bow or ribbon.
- Roll and Ribbon: Roll the blanket tightly and secure it with ribbon or twine, like a scroll. You can also add decorative elements like faux foliage or ornaments to the ribbon for a festive touch.
- Personalized Gift Bag: Purchase or make a personalized gift bag with the recipient’s name or a special message. Fold the blanket neatly and place it inside the bag. Add tissue paper or confetti for an extra surprise.
- Blanket Pillow: Fold the blanket in half and place a soft pillow or cushion inside. Roll the blanket around the pillow, secure it with ribbon or twine, and add a decorative bow. This not only wraps the blanket but also transforms it into a cozy pillow.
- Origami-Inspired Wrap: Create an origami-inspired wrap by folding the blanket into a square shape and then folding the square into an intricate origami pattern. Secure with a ribbon or decorative cord for an elegant presentation.
- Gift Box with Handles: Find a large gift box with handles, which is especially convenient for carrying a bulky blanket. Place the blanket inside, close the lid, and add a decorative bow or ribbon to the handles.
- Tote Bag: Place the blanket inside a stylish tote bag or backpack, and add a personalized touch by attaching a card or a small accessory to the bag’s handles.
These are some creative ways to wrap a blanket as a gift. Remember to consider the recipient’s taste and the occasion when choosing your wrapping style and materials. Adding a heartfelt note or card along with the blanket will complete the thoughtful gift presentation.